An investigation by the Texas Railroad Commission lays the blame for a deadly Central Austin house explosion on Texas Gas Service.
According to the report, the privately-owned utility was first made aware of a gas leak at the home in November, two months before the explosion which killed 43-year-old Renald Ferrovecchio.
The report says after first hearing of the leak, the utility sent unqualified technicians who downgraded the problem without reason.
According to the paperwork filed with the state by Texas Gas Service, the pipeline used by the house was more than 60 years old.
The Railroad Commission said it is now deciding what penalties it can impose. State law allows a maximum fine of $10,000 per violation, per day.
Click here to read the report in full.