Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Austin

Carbon monoxide poisoning sends 6 to hospital

  • Text size: + -

Carbon monoxide from a running automobile sent six people to the hospital Sunday morning.

According to Austin/Travis County EMS, a total of 12 people were affected by carbon monoxide poisoning at 12041 Dessau Road. A man and a woman, both unconscious, were taken by ambulance to St. David’s Hospital in Central Austin for hyperbaric therapy.

An official with the Austin Fire Department said the carbon monoxide came from a car left running in the garage at the address. Two of the patients lived at the address while the others lived in nearby apartments.

Six people refused treatment.

10.11.12.248 ClientIP: 54.205.253.132, 23.62.6.183 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP